VFMC Junior Composers Contest
Applicants must apply for this contest at the State level (VFMC) not at the National level (NFMC). Winners are chosen and awarded. 1st and 2nd place winners in each entry level advance on to Regionals.
Applicant must be:
- a citizen of the United States
- a member of VFMC as a member of a Junior Club or as a Junior Special Member
- under the age of 19 on March 1 of the contest year
$20 - includes national, state, and gold cup fees
ENTRY CLASS: (based on age as of March 1of contest year)
- Junior I (age 9 & under) 1st place: $175; 2nd place: $150; 3rd place: $125
- Junior II (ages 10-12) 1st place: $175; 2nd place: $150; 3rd place: $125
- Junior III (ages 13-15) 1st place: $225; 2nd place: $200; 3rd place: $175
- Junior IV (ages 16-18) 1st place: $250; 2nd place: $225; 3rd place: $200
In addition, three Incentive Awards of $75 each will be given in each class.
Deadline for applications
15 Mount Vernon Avenue
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
Other pertinent information:
- The manuscript must be computer generated or hand notated on manuscript paper.
- CDs are required for all compositions in all levels.
- Gold Cups: Although the Junior Composers Contest is no longer a part of festival, students may work towards Federation Cups in the same manner as entrants in festival.